- professionalism / ethics / governance
- personal effectiveness
- business management
As you can see, these are generally non-accounting/financial related and should be achievable by all.
The next 4 are to be chosen from 11 from 5 areas. They are definitely accounting/finance related but they are strictly not accounting/finance jobs. The details are as follows:-
Financial accounting and reporting
– prepare financial statements for external purposes
– interprete financial transactions and financial statements
Performance measurement and management accounting
– prepare financial information for management
– contribute to budget planning and production
– monitor and control budgets
Finance and financial management
– evaluate potential business / investment opportunities and the required finance options
– manage cash using active cash management and treasury systems
Audit and assurance
– prepare for and collect evidence for audit
– evaluate and report on audit
– evaluate and compute taxes payable
– assist with tax planning
So realistically, what should you do?
Answer – Get yourself involved actively in at least 4 of the above activities. Diarise the whole process for each activity so as to evident your involvement. Your supervisor must be satisfied with your participation to finally sign off.
You have time to achieve all 13 ie. from the day you start work till whenever you are ready over different supervisors / departments / employers / companies etc.
So it is good to keep PER info in your office all the time!
Welcome more questions. Till then, cheers.