In the morning session, we will have the STRATEGIC segment. Mr Thomas Thomas of Singapore Compact will chair a series of presentations as follows:-
- Dato Johan Raslan, Executive Chairman, PwC Malaysia with the keynote address
- Mr Shariq Barnaky, Partner at Deloitte & Touche to give us a review of global IFRS Development
- Mr Joseph Alfred, our technical advisor for ACCA Singapore will present the findings of ACCA/CFO survey on Asia Pacific’s Road to Global Standards
- Mr Ravi Tirumulai of Oracle Corp will present their approach for enabling Global Standards
- Dr Pearl Tan of SMU will then lead a panel of distinguished professionals to discuss the pros and cons for Global Standards.
In the afternoon session, Edgar will have the honour of chairing the afternoon’s TECHNICAL segment.
Mr Kon Yin Tong of Foo Kon Tan Grant Thornton will kick off with FRS updates while Mr Tham Sai Choy of KPMG will do the Audit updates.
After the break, Mr Sum Yee Loong of Deloitte & Touche will then give us the Tax updates. Our anchor for the day will be Ms Kala Anandarajah, Partner of Rajah & Tann will address the legal issues that we need to know.
So for those who are interested, please check out more details here.